Have you ever thought to yourself, ‘I can’t do business online. My customers need to see, touch and want to carry my products home.’ Maybe not! Check out how these local online auction services have overcome those obstacles.
According to University of Minnesota Extensions Educator, Ryan Pesch:
Getting online is more important – and easier
First we had phone books. Then the Yellow Pages. And they’re still useful if you know exactly what you’re looking for. But nowadays most customers first go to the Internet to search for products and services. What’s more, if shoppers can’t find you online, they may simply overlook your business and go elsewhere.
Pew Research recently found that nearly 60 percent of all Americans and 78 percent of regular Internet users research products and services online before purchase. Pew Research also found that 92 percent of Americans use search engines at least occasionally. The numbers say it all: Your business absolutely needs a web presence so customers can find you.
You don’t have to have a full blown shopping kart with eCommerce. Just a simple website may serve your customer’s needs. Key words being …’your customer’s needs’. Who are your customers and what are they looking for?
Some key components to a successful static website:
- Clear and colorful pictures with captions.
- Concise product descriptions.
- Easy navigation… keep it simple!
- Complete and easy to find contact information.
Some key components to a successful dynamic website:
- Current sale information and dates.
- New products.
- Frequent updates or blogs.
- Clear call to action such a ‘Order Now’.
- If you offer online ordering and payment, make sure you are using a trusted and secure eCommerce application.
And… whether you like it or not, there is already information online about your business! Google, Bing, and Yahoo have been actively creating business directories so their users can find the most complete listing possible. There are also websites called Business Aggregators (Merchant Circle, Manta and Superpages).
YOUR FIRST CONCERN ~ make sure those directory listings are correct. Are your business address, phone number, hours and geo location correct? If not, you’ll want to submit an edit. This usually requires you ‘claiming’ your listing. This is usually free and requires confirmation by postcard, text or automated call to a cell phone. This is how your identity is verified. The last thing they want to do is allow your competition to monkey with YOUR business listing. For help with claiming and optimizing your FREE listings, contact your local Social Media Breakfast Club. We’ve listed them on our Events page.
Once you have a website… what now? This isn’t a field of dreams. You can’t just build it expect that they will come. Frequent content updates (or posts) and descriptive words (keywords or tags) will help your customers find you online. And Social Media programs like FaceBook, Twitter and LinkedIn help drive traffic as well. Your local Social Media Breakfast Club can help you with that too!
This may seem like a daunting task. If you’ve never dabbled in web design you may not want to take the time to learn now. We can help! Check out our Wed Design and Hosting packages. http://www.mvtvwireless.com/our-products/web-hosting/
MVTV Wireless is happy to bring to you our Website Design Service! Our goal is to make websites more affordable for local small businesses. A quality website can add to business awareness, help with marketing and increase sales. Let us at MVTV help develop a simple yet effective website that you’ll be proud to see.
- Full Services Websites – Don’t worry about a thing. MVTV Wireless will take care of all the technical details of your website; installing software, web hosting, email, making backups, and publishing content on your site.
- Unique Domain Name – Already have a website? We can use your current domain name, or register a new dotcom for you.
- Custom Website Design – We can add your company’s logo or other graphics and match the colors of your business. Choose from a number of color schemes and layouts.
- Multiple Web Pages – We can create multiple static pages on your website with just about any content. Tell your customers about your business, give them information about your products or services, or how to best contact you.
- News or Blog Posts – Publish a newsletter online, answer common questions, get the word out about a big sale. Regular posts on your website are a great way to stay connected with your customers and to get found by search engines.
- Photo Gallery – Photos and other graphics can be added to any page or post on your site. Or add a gallery page with a collection of photos.
- Share documents and other files – Do you have an application form, PDF newsletter, coupons, or audio clip you’d like to share with your customers? We can make these available as downloads on your website.
- And much more! – We can embed a Google Map with your location, add links to other websites, advertisements for your products or services, and much more!
Don’t waste another day wondering and worrying. Contact MVTV Wireless for a quote on web design and hosting!MVTV Wireless Your Broadband Internet Provider ‘Connecting Rural Minnesota’