Terms & Conditions
Terms & Conditions of Your Use of This Site and ServiceView Terms & Conditions
MVTV Privacy Act StatementView Privacy Act Statement
- Commitment to Confidentiality
- Account Information
- Customer Surveys
- Right to Monitor Communications and Disclose Information
- Collection and Use of Technical Information
- Third Parties
- Protection of Children’s Privacy
Acts Prohibited by MVTV’s Acceptable Use Policy
- No Reselling
- No Illegal or Fraudulent Use
- No Copyright or Trademark Infringement
- No Threats or Harassment
- No Harm To Minors
- No “Spamming”
- No “Hacking”
- No System Disruption
- No Impersonation or Forgery
- No Excessive Use of Bandwidth
- No “Viruses”
- Revisions to Policy
Terms and Conditions of Your Use of This Site and Service
Application for Membership and use of the service constitutes acceptance of MVTV’s Terms and Conditions of Membership. The Member understands that if he/she violates any of these Terms and Conditions, the Member’s Account may be suspended or terminated, and could possibly result in legal action. Upon signing up for service, the Member understands that he/she has ten business days to read and review the full Terms and Conditions for use of MVTV Membership as maintained and posted on the MVTV system. If The Member disagrees with the Terms and Conditions of MVTV, the Member understands that he/she must Terminate Membership within the ten day period by submitting a request in writing to MVTV, Box A, Granite Falls, Minnesota 56241, or send an email to: [email protected]
In this site, MVTV has attempted to provide information that is accurate, complete, and reliable as of the time it was published or posted. However, MVTV makes no representation about the suitability of the information contained in the documents or other information published on this site. All such documents and related graphics are provided “as is” without warranty of any kind, either express or implied.
MVTV hereby disclaims all warranties with regard to this information, including all implied warranties and conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title, and non-infringement. MVTV provided herein, including, without limitation, information regarding MVTV’s planned or perspective service offerings or service coverage. MVTV disclaims all liability for technical inaccuracies, typographical errors, or other errors or omissions contained within this site. MVTV does not warrant that access to this site will be uninterrupted or error-free, and MVTV assumes no responsibility for any and all damage caused thereby. BY proceeding to access this site, you hereby assume the entire risk of relying upon the information provided herein.
In no event shall MVTV be liable for any damages, including, without limitation special, direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, punitive, lost profits, or other damages arising from or in connection with the use, inability to use, or loss of the data contained within this site.
MVTV may make changes to the information provided in this site, or to the products or services provided herein, at any time without notice. However, MVTV has no obligation to provide such modifications or updates, or to continue to provide access to this site.
MVTV Privacy Act Statement
- Business Records-Information Collected So that MVTV may provide reliable, high-quality service and maintain adequate records, MVTV keeps regular business records that contain your name, address, telephone numbers, other relevant billing information and other personally identifiable information. Such records include billing, payment, deposit, complaint and service information and other information you have furnished to us, such as equipment specifications and the service options you have chosen by using MVTV wireless you consent to our collection of this information. We use the above described information to sell, maintain, disconnect and reconnect services: to make sure that you are being billed properly for the services you receive; and to maintain financial accounting, tax, service, and property records.
- Confidentiality of Business Records MVTV considers information we keep to be confidential. We may collect personally identifiable information from you and disclose it to a third party, if disclosure is necessary to render data services and other services we provide to you and to conduct related activities. In that regard, MVTV may make your records available routinely to our employees, agents, and contractors to install, market, provide and audit services; or to an independent billing house to send bills.
- Retention of Records MVTV will maintain information about you as long as we provide service to you and for a longer time if we deem it necessary for our business purposes. When we decide that information is no longer necessary for our purposes, we may periodically destroy the information unless there is a legitimate request or order to inspect the information still available.
- Account Information MVTV requests certain personal information at the time you subscribe to MVTV Wireless service. MVTV requests your name, address, telephone number, and e-mail address. The personal information is used to manage your account for billing purposes. It is not shared with a third party, except in very limited circumstances such as is required by law.
- Customer Surveys From time to time, MVTV takes customer surveys. MVTV may contact you as part of a customer survey. Participation in customer surveys is purely voluntary, but we welcome and encourage you to respond to these surveys. Personal information gained in these responses will be held in confidence.
- Right to Monitor Communications and Disclose Information It is generally MVTV’s policy not to share personal information about you, however MVTV has the right to monitor MVTV Wireless service. MVTV may disclose personal information about you and/or your account at our sole discretion in order to comply with the Electronic Communications Privacy Act, the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, the Patriot Act or any other laws, to enforce our Acceptable Use Policy, to protect the integrity of MVTV’s operations, to protect our customers or to prevent a crime. You expressly grant MVTV permission to disclose personal information in response to: (a) a subpoena issued in a civil or criminal investigation or in litigation; (b) a civil investigative demand issued by a government entity; or (c) a court order. MVTV may disclose personally identifiable information to law enforcement agencies when expressly required to do so by law.
- Collection and Use of Technical Information When you use MVTV Wireless, MVTV gathers technical data. We use the technical data to ensure reliable delivery and to assist in problem solving.
- Third Parties Some third parties might acquire information about you when you use or visit their web sites or service via MVTV Wireless. MVTV does not undertake to monitor, and may not be capable of monitoring, the collection, use or disclosure of such information.
- Protection of Children’s Privacy MVTV wants to protect the privacy of children. Thus, MVTV does not collect any personal information from children under the age of 18.
Acts Prohibited by MVTV’s Acceptable Use Policy
In order to provide high quality customer service and to insure the integrity of your use of MVTV Wireless, MVTV has adopted an Acceptable Use Policy for MVTV Wireless Customers.
Please read this Acceptable Use Policy prior to accessing MVTV Wireless. By using MVTV Wireless you agree to the terms of this Acceptable Use Policy. MVTV reserves the right to immediately terminate your account without notice at our sole discretion, if you or others who use your account violate this Acceptable Use Policy. MVTV also reserves the right to immediately remove any material or information which violates this policy for any reason whatsoever at our sole discretion without prior notice.
- No Reselling You may not resell or distribute MVTV Wireless outside your household or business. You agree that you will not use, nor allow others to use, your home or business computer (s) as a Web Server, FTP Server, File Server or Game Server or any other server applications.
- No Illegal or Fraudulent Use You agree that you will not use, nor allow others to use MVTV Wireless to violate any applicable federal, state, local or international laws. You agree that you will not use, nor allow others to use MVTV Wireless to commit a crime, act of terrorism or fraud, or to plan, encourage or help others to commit a crime or fraud, including but not limited to, acts of terrorism, engaging in a pyramid scheme, or sending chain letters.
- No Copyright or Trademark Infringement You agree that you will not use, nor allow others to use MVTV Wireless to send or receive any information which infringes the patents, trademarks, copyrights, trade secrets or proprietary rights of any other person or entity. This includes, but is not limited to, digitization of music, movies, photographs or other copyrighted materials or software.
- No Threats or Harassment You agree that you will not use, not allow others to use MVTV Wireless to transmit any material that threatens or encourages bodily harm or destruction of property or which harasses, abuses, defames or invades privacy of any other person or entity
- No Harm to Minors You agree that you will not use, nor allow others to use MVTV Wireless to harm or attempt to harm a minor, including but not limited to using MVTV Wireless to send pornographic, obscene or profane materials.
- No “Spamming” You agree that you will not use, nor allow others to use MVTV Wireless to send unsolicited advertising including but not limited to mass or bulk email, promotional materials or other forms of solicitation referred to as “spamming”. We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to determine whether such posting or transmission constitutes an advertisement, promotional material or any other form of solicitation.
- No “Hacking” You agree that you will not use, nor allow others to use MVTV Wireless to access the accounts of others or attempt to penetrate security measures of MVTV Wireless or other computer systems (“hacking”) or to cause a disruption of service to other on-line users. You agree that you will not use, nor allow others to use tools designed for compromising network security, such as password guessing programs, cracking tools, packet sniffers or network probing tools.
- No System Disruption You agree that you will not use, nor allow others to use MVTV Wireless to disrupt MVTV’s network or computer equipment owned by other MVTV Wireless customers. You may not assign yourself a static IP address. You also agree that you will not use or allow others to use MVTV Wireless to disrupt other Internet Service Providers or services, including but not limited to e-mail bombing or the use of mass mailing programs.
- No Impersonation or Forgery You agree that you will not use, nor allow others to impersonate another user, falsify one’s user name, age or identity in e-mail or in any post or transmission to any newsgroup or mailing list or other similar groups or lists. You agree that you will not, nor allow others to forge any message header of any electronic transmission, originating or passing through MVTV Wireless.
- No Excessive Use of Bandwidth If we determine, in our sole discretion, that you are using an excessive amount of bandwidth, MVTV Wireless may terminate your account at any time and without notice, or require you to upgrade your service level and pay additional fees in accordance with our Pricing Schedules.
- No “Viruses” You agree that you will not use, nor allow others to use MVTV Wireless to intentionally transmit computer “viruses,” worms, “trojan horses” or other harmful software programs and that you will use your best efforts to prevent the unintentional transmission of such viruses or other harmful software.
- Revisions to Policy MVTV Wireless reserves the right to update or modify this Policy at any time. Notice of modifications to this Policy may be given by posting such changes to MVTV Wireless’ homepage (mvtvwireless.com) by electronic mail or by conventional mail.
Non-members (Hotspot subscribers): The MVTV Wireless Hotspot is a non-refundable service. The MVTV Wireless Hotspot service is a pre-paid limited term service for internet access. Use of the service is at your discretion and convenience. MVTV Wireless offers no refunds in the event of early termination or non-use.
Member Subscribers: MVTV Wireless broadband service is a pre-paid limited term service for internet access. Use of the service is at your discretion and convenience. Partial credit may be issued for early termination of service. MVTV Wireless offers no refunds in the event of non-use or service interruption.
SECURITY WARNING AND DISCLAIMER
WARNING: MVTV Wireless is a broadband internet network provided by MVTV Wireless for your convenience, and you use it at your own risk. It is NOT INHERENTLY SECURE.
MVTV Wireless cannot and does not guarantee the privacy of your data and communication while using the service. There are potentially serious security issues with any computer connected to the Internet without the appropriate protection, ranging from viruses, worms and other programs that can damage the user’s computer, to attacks on the computer by unauthorized or unwanted third parties. By using MVTV Wireless services, you acknowledge and knowingly accept the potentially serious risks of accessing the Internet over an unsecured network. It is recommended that users take steps to protect their own computer system, such as installing current anti-virus software and maintaining appropriate firewall protection. For further information on how to protect you on this open network, consult a security professional.
By using this MVTV Wireless services, you acknowledge and agree that YOUR USE OF THIS SERVICE IS SOLELY AT YOUR OWN RISK. By using MVTV Wireless services, you also agree to all terms set forth in the following Disclaimer of Warranties, Limitation of Liability and Indemnification and the MVTV Wireless Acceptable Use Policy (https://www.mvtvwireless.com/acceptable-use-policy).
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES
MVTV Wireless disclaims any and all responsibility or liability for the accuracy, content, completeness, legality, reliability, or operability or availability of information or material displayed in or accessible through The MVTV Wireless broadband internet network. MVTV Wireless disclaims any responsibility for the deletion, failure to store, misdelivery, or untimely delivery of any information or material. MVTV Wireless disclaims any responsibility for any harm resulting from downloading or accessing any information or material on the Internet through the MVTV Wireless broadband service.
THE MVTV WIRELESS BROADBAND INTERNET SERVICE, AND ALL MATERIALS, INFORMATION, PRODUCTS AND SERVICES INCLUDED IN MVTV WIRELESS BROADBAND INTERNET SERVICE ARE PROVIDED “AS IS,” WITH NO WARRANTIES WHATSOEVER. MVTV WIRELESS, ITS SUPPLIERS AND ITS LICENSORS EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW ALL EXPRESS, IMPLIED, AND STATUTORY WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT OF PROPRIETARY RIGHTS. MVTV WIRELESS, ITS SUPPLIERS AND ITS LICENSORS DISCLAIM ANY WARRANTIES REGARDING THE SECURITY, RELIABILITY, TIMELINESS, AND PERFORMANCE OF MVTV WIRELESS BROADBAND INTERNET SERVICE. MVTV WIRELESS, ITS SUPPLIERS AND ITS LICENSORS DISCLAIM ANY WARRANTIES FOR ANY INFORMATION OR ADVICE OBTAINED THROUGH THE MVTV WIRELESS BROADBAND INTERNET SERVICE. MVTV WIRELESS, ITS SUPPLIERS AND ITS LICENSORS DISCLAIM ANY WARRANTIES FOR SERVICES OR GOODS RECEIVED THROUGH OR ADVERTISED ON MVTV WIRELESS BROADBAND INTERNET SERVICE OR RECEIVED THROUGH ANY LINKS PROVIDED BY THE MVTV WIRELESS BROADBAND SERVICE, AS WELL AS FOR ANY INFORMATION OR ADVICE RECEIVED THROUGH ANY LINKS PROVIDED IN MVTV WIRELESS HOTSPOT SERVICE. YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT (A) MVTV WIRELESS BROADBAND INTERNET SERVICE WILL NOT BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE, (B) THERE IS NO WARRANTY OR GUARANTEE THAT THE MVTV WIRELESS BROADBAND SERVICE WILL OPERATE AT ANY MINIMUM DATA TRANSFER SPEED, (C) MVTV WIRELESS HAS NO CONTROL OVER THIRD PARTY NETWORKS OR SITES YOU MAY ACCESS IN THE COURSE OF YOUR USE OF MVTV WIRELESS BROADBAND INTERNET SERVICE, AND (D) YOU DOWNLOAD OR OTHERWISE OBTAIN MATERIAL OR DATA THROUGH THE USE OF THE MVTV WIRELESS BROADBAND INTERNET SERVICE AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK AND THAT YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGES TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM THE DOWNLOAD OF SUCH MATERIAL OR DATA.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL MVTV WIRELESS, ITS SUPPLIERS OR ITS LICENSORS BE LIABLE TO YOU, ANY USER, OR ANY THIRD PARTY ON ACCOUNT OF YOUR OR THAT PARTY’S USE OR MISUSE OF OR RELIANCE ON MVTV WIRELESS BROADBAND INTERNET SERVICE ARISING FROM ANY CLAIM RELATING TO THE SUBJECT MATTER HEREOF. SUCH LIMITATION OF LIABILITY SHALL APPLY TO PREVENT RECOVERY OF DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, AND PUNITIVE DAMAGES WHETHER SUCH CLAIM IS BASED ON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), OR OTHERWISE, (EVEN IF MVTV WIRELESS, ITS SUPPLIERS OR ITS LICENSORS HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES). SUCH LIMITATION OF LIABILITY SHALL APPLY WHETHER THE DAMAGES ARISE FROM USE OR MISUSE OF AND RELIANCE ON MVTV WIRELESS BROADBAND INTERNET SERVICE, FROM INABILITY TO USE MVTV WIRELESS BROADBAND INTERNET SERVICE, OR FROM THE INTERRUPTION, SUSPENSION, OR TERMINATION OF MVTV WIRELESS BROADBAND INTERNET SERVICE (INCLUDING SUCH DAMAGES INCURRED BY THIRD PARTIES). THIS LIMITATION SHALL ALSO APPLY WITH RESPECT TO DAMAGES INCURRED BY REASON OF OTHER SERVICES OR GOODS RECEIVED THROUGH OR ADVERTISED ON MVTV WIRELESS BROADBAND INTERNET SERVICE OR RECEIVED THROUGH ANY LINKS PROVIDED IN MVTV WIRELESS HOTSPOT SERVICE, AS WELL AS BY REASON OF ANY INFORMATION OR ADVICE RECEIVED THROUGH OR ADVERTISED ON MVTV WIRELESS BROADBAND INTERNET SERVICE OR RECEIVED THROUGH ANY LINKS PROVIDED IN MVTV WIRELESS BROADBAND INTERNET SERVICE. THIS LIMITATION SHALL ALSO APPLY, WITHOUT LIMITATION, TO THE COSTS OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES, LOST PROFITS, OR LOST DATA. SUCH LIMITATION SHALL FURTHER APPLY WITH RESPECT TO THE PERFORMANCE OR NONPERFORMANCE OF MVTV WIRELESS BROADBAND INTERNET SERVICE OR ANY INFORMATION OR MERCHANDISE THAT APPEARS ON, OR IS LINKED OR RELATED IN ANY WAY TO, MVTV WIRELESS BROADBAND INTERNET SERVICE. SUCH LIMITATION SHALL APPLY NOTWITHSTANDING ANY FAILURE OF ESSENTIAL PURPOSE OF ANY LIMITED REMEDY AND TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL MVTV WIRELESS, ITS SUPPLIERS OR ITS LICENSORS BE HELD LIABLE FOR ANY DELAY OR FAILURE IN PERFORMANCE RESULTING DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY FROM ACTS OF NATURE, FORCES, OR CAUSES BEYOND ITS REASONABLE CONTROL, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, INTERNET FAILURES, COMPUTER EQUIPMENT FAILURES, TELECOMMUNICATION EQUIPMENT FAILURES, OTHER EQUIPMENT FAILURES, ELECTRICAL POWER FAILURES, STRIKES, LABOR DISPUTES, RIOTS, INSURRECTIONS, CIVIL DISTURBANCES, SHORTAGES OF LABOR OR MATERIALS, FIRES, FLOODS, STORMS, EXPLOSIONS, ACTS OF GOD, WAR, GOVERNMENTAL ACTIONS, ORDERS OF DOMESTIC OR FOREIGN COURTS OR TRIBUNALS, NON-PERFORMANCE OF THIRD PARTIES, OR LOSS OF OR FLUCTUATIONS IN HEAT, LIGHT, OR AIR CONDITIONING.
YOU AGREE TO HOLD HARMLESS AND INDEMNIFY MVTV WIRELESS, ITS SUPPLIERS AND LICENSORS FROM AND AGAINST ANY THIRD PARTY CLAIM ARISING FROM OR IN ANY WAY RELATED TO YOUR USE OF MVTV WIRELESS BROADBAND INTERNET SERVICE, INCLUDING ANY LIABILITY OR EXPENSE ARISING FROM ALL CLAIMS, LOSSES, DAMAGES (ACTUAL AND CONSEQUENTIAL), SUITS, JUDGMENTS, LITIGATION COSTS AND ATTORNEYS’ FEES, OF EVERY KIND AND NATURE. IN SUCH A CASE, MVTV WIRELESS WILL PROVIDE YOU WITH WRITTEN NOTICE OF SUCH CLAIM, SUIT OR ACTION.
Routers and Firewalls
MVTV Wireless is a high speed, broadband, always-on internet connection service. MVTV Wireless recommends businesses as well as residences to install routers or firewalls to protect the security of their individual computer network(s).
Reporting Abuse of This Policy
To report abuse of any part of this policy, contact MVTV at [email protected]