After you have cleaned your machine, you must use the Windows Update Utility and apply all critical patches to protect yourself from re-occurrences of the virus.Microsoft Update Utility
If you find that your computer is running slow, you may have been infected with a virus. If you have virus protection, make sure that your virus definitions are current and that you have completed a scan.
Secondly, if you don’t have virus protection, get some. Virus software is made by Norton/Symantec, McAfee Associates, Trend Micro and many others.
Here’s a link to the current virus security threats known by the anti-virus software companies.
There is an online virus tester that works quite well. It’s available below.
Specific Trojan Removers
- SASSER Information and cleaning utility (from Microsoft)
- BEAGLE Varients cleaning utility (from Symantec)
- All purpose cleaner for trojans such as NACHI, NIMBDA, SASSER, SOBIG, etc. (from McAfee)
- List of all removal tools available (from Symantec)
- List of all removal tools available (from McAfee)
Click the above links and Open the files when downloaded. Follow all program instructions.