This time of year is extremely busy for most. From running the kids around, working full time and shopping for gifts leaves us with little time for anything else. There is just one thing we forget to think about during the hustle and bustle and that is taking a minute to help those who have very little. So what can we do to give back during this busy holiday season?
Ways to Give Back this Holiday Season:
- Send holiday cards to soldiers overseas and veterans
- Serve meals to the less fortunate or homeless
- Collect and drop off clothing and other items for local families
- Make blankets to give away
- Volunteer your time to the elderly or children
- Hand out Christmas baked goods
- Collect cans of food and donate them to a food bank
- Bring some blankets, dog food or pet toys to the animal shelter
“Christmas is the spirit of giving without a thought of getting. It is happiness because we see joy in people. It is forgetting self and finding time for others. It is discarding the meaningless and stressing the true values.” – Thomas S. Monson
The more you give back, the more blessings you end up receiving because your eyes are opened to all of the good things you have in your life. Make this a great season by giving back to those within our communities that do not have much or someone to spend the holidays with.
‘Connecting Rural Minnesota’